Content That Ranks In Google & Converts Visitors Into Customers
Web Content Writing Services based in Chelmsford, Essex
The most essential part of any website?
High quality written content is essential for SEO (search engine optimisation) and PPC (pay per click advertising) Search engines reward good content, the cornerstone of any solid SEO strategy. Good content converts visitors into customers.
- High quality written content ranks well in the search engines
- High quality written content converts your visitors into paying customers
What Makes Good Quality Content?
- A Powerful Headline
- Original & Unique Copy
- Has A Call To Action
- Easy To Read Copy
- Correct Grammer & Spelling
- Relevant Keywords & Phrases
- Niche Vocabulary
The headline is the very first thing people will read when they see your content your headline needs to spur people to read or at least skim through your content 80% of web users read the headline and scan the page only 20% will read the content.
Your Headlines Will
- Contain keywords that searchers use to find your content
- Mirror searcher queries for better conversion rates
- Stand out from your competitors for better click-through rates
- Entice searchers by offering a benefit, stimulating curiosity or invoking an emotion.
Original & Unique
Your content will be unique, originally written and not copied from anywhere else. All content created is researched and written from scratch NOT by content spinners or copying other peoples content. A plagiarism checker ensures all content is unique, you’ll rank higher and won’t incur a penalty from the search engines.
Look at your competitor’s websites, they all write about the same stuff which is inevitable, but they all sound the same. Content’s written with a different spin to make it original.
Stories are the most engaging form of content. Stories make your business sound more exciting and unique. A Believable story will build trust, and people buy from those they trust. Companies, brands, products, services, customers and employees make good stories.
Call To Action
The written content encourages web users to take action, within the content and at the end of the content. A call to action is a persuasive link or a button that guides the user to do one of the following
- Phone you
- Email you
- Make a booking
- Buy a product
- Sign up to a service
- Sign up to a newsletter
- Share your site on social media
- Go to another page on your website
Once written content’s optimised for the search engines and the searcher
- The searcher finds you in the search results
- The searchers enticed to click your link
- The searchers took to your website
- The searcher consumes your finely tuned compelling content
- The searcher becomes a customer
Optimising content is part of the SEO strategy, a good quality webpage that ranks well in the search engines and satisfies your visitors will contain the following
Easy To Read Copy
Search engines and web users prefer easy to read content. Peoples attention spans are short and are getting shorter; Your message gets across quickly and accurately being simple, easy to read and scannable. Long, complicated sentences put people off content’s edited until it’s as clear and concise as possible.
Correct Grammer & Spelling
Content’s made easier to read by
- Using shorter words,
- Replacing weak language and adverbs with forceful words
- Replacing passive voice with active voice
Next, the contents run through a spelling and grammar checker eliminating any mistakes then checked with readability software.
Now your contents easy to read with correct grammar and spelling
A wall of text intimidating to some web users and may cause them to click the dreaded back button. Content’s split up and made scannable with
- Easy to read fonts
- Short paragraphs
- Highlighting important points
If you write your own content make sure you use Grammarly
Keywords & Phrases
The words and phrases searchers are using to find websites like yours in the search engines. Relevant keywords and phrases tell the search engines the subject of your webpage. Search Engines use these words and phrases to rank your webpage in the search engine results. Relevant keywords and phrases (gathered in the Keyword Research Process) feature in the written content.
Every profession uses it’s own Niche Vocabulary. Words and phrases used by professionals when talking or writing about their work. Like keywords and phrases, the search engines look at the vocabulary used to determine the subject and relevance of your webpage. The Niche Vocabulary is a ranking factor so relevant words and phrases for the topic are written into the content.
Content Of A Typical Website
A typical local business website could have
- An Introduction Page
- About Page
- Service Pages (Pages describing the services you offer)
- Prices Page
- FAQ Page
- Contact Page
There are two options when it comes to writing your content
Write Content Yourself
You know your business better than anyone, so you’re welcome to write your content. Once written content’s optimised for the search engines with relevant header tags, keywords and phrases gathered in the research phase.
Have Your Content Written
Too busy to write? Then have the content written for you. Explain your business, products, services and customers; that’s all you need to do. Some research’s then undertaken on your products, services, businesses like yours, your customers and your competition is conducted, from this information, your content’s written (and written better than your competitors).
Content For SEO or PPC?
First and foremost all content is created to rank well in the search engines and convert visitors into customers, this is ‘SEO Content’. For companies running both SEO and PPC campaigns, SEO content’s modified to work better for Pay Per Click advertising.
Different types of content work better for different situations; there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. When a piece of content’s created it’s for SEO or PPC (sometimes both)
- SEO Content – Content created for Search Engine Optimisation
- PPC Content – Content created for Pay Per Click Advertising
Using the correct type of content for each situation ensures the best possible results. The kind of content used on your site will depend on the traffic generating strategies used (SEO, PPC or both) which will vary from business to business.
Different content is used for SEO and PPC
- Content that works best for SEO is not always optimal for PPC
- Content that works best for PPC is not always optimal for SEO
SEO content is designed to rank highly in the search engine results for many different search terms and to convert customers.
PPC content is designed to mirror exact search terms and convert customers
SEO Content is designed to rank in the search engines for organic search terms and phrases. SEO content is sometimes longer than PPC content and is unique.
Characteristics Of SEO Content
- Is shown in the organic search results
- Is not shown in the search engines ads section
- Is unique
- Cannot be duplicated
- Niche vocabulary
- Relevant keywords and phrases
- Better than the current top 10 in Google
- Optimised titles for better rankings and click-through rates
- Proper grammar and spelling
- Lengthy relevant themed content geared towards ranking well in the search engines
- SEO Content is designed to rank well organically in the search engines
- A visitor lands on an SEO page when they click on a search result in Google
- The goal of SEO content is to rank highly in Google for free traffic and to convert visitors into buyers
A visitor is taken to a PPC page when they click on a paid ad in the search engines PPC content is sometimes written differently to SEO content for improved conversions. Longer pages generally perform better organically in the search engines, but in some situations, short ad copy will convert better than long ad copy (as used for SEO).
PPC content can be safely duplicated (without detriment to SEO) with different titles to mirror exact search terms which improve conversion rates.
Characteristics Of PPC Content
- Is shown in the search engines ads section
- Is not shown in the organic search results
- Can be duplicated across many pages with different titles (for different ads) so users search queries can be ‘mirrored’ for better conversion rates
- Kept out of the organic search results avoiding an SEO issue known as ‘duplicate content.’
- Niche vocabulary
- Relevant keywords and phrases
- An optimised title for better rankings and click-through rates
- Proper grammar and spelling
- Relevant content geared purely towards conversion
- Can be optimised without affecting search engine rankings
Using different forms of content for both SEO and PPC gives you the best chance of ranking well in the search engines while converting maximally from ads getting the best value for money out of your PPC ad spend.
Once your content’s written the Next Step is optimising your website for the search engines
Get A Free Quote For Content Writing
If you’re interested in our Content Writing services and would like more information or a free quote please get in touch using the contact form below.
(If you haven’t received a reply within 24 hours please check your spam folder)